Liver health is important, we (me and you reading this) understand this on some level. Achieving superior liver function can be a hard and unpleasant process (fasting, liver flushes etc) or it can be a fun, smooth and easy process (eating and drinking delicious food). If you desire your health upgrades to be fun and easy then do give both these recipes a go, either having one or both on a daily basis.
After having these drinks in your routine for around a five month period (alongside other liver friendly health modalities i.e high organic raw food diet, exercise etc etc) then by all means do dip into the more "hardcore" of the liver cleaners out there such as flushing and juice/water fasting, not beforehand though. Upgrading your health (your liver in this case) can be a slow and pleasant experience or it can be a faster and more harsh experience. My own experience has taught me that slow and steady (interchanged with much smaller periods of fast and hard) wins the race when it comes to upgrading your health. Therefore, this is what I suggest to others when queried on the matter. If you have severe liver damage and/or are close to death as a result then you may be best served to ignore my suggestions and seek out someone who is skilled in dealing with such matters. If however, your just the average Joe (overweight and feeling shite on many levels) then these drinks my friend are for you.
Much love and respect on your journey toward a happy shiny liver.
- 3 organic lemons, yellow skin removed, white pith intact
- 3 tablespoons organic raw oil: flax, olive or coconut oil
- 1 organic pear
- 1 teaspoon sun dried sea salt
- 6 cups fresh spring water
- 3 tablespoons organic raw honey, maple syrup, or liquid stevia herb to taste
- 1 tablespoon organic chia seed
- 1 teaspoon of organic cayenne pepper
Add all ingredients to a high speed blender (blendtec, nutribullet or vitamix) and blend until very smooth and oil has emulsified into beverage. Oil and sweeteners can be adjusted to suite taste and texture and other organic fresh fruit can added in place of pear.
Thank you Dr David Jubb for introducing me to this drink.
- 5 cups of Organic herbal tea ( 1Tb each of dandelion root, crushed milk thistle seed, turmeric root, chanca piedra root)
- 1 cup of Organic dehulled hemp seed
- 1-2Tb raw honey (add more or less to adjust sweetness)
- 3/4 dropper full of Liquid Stevia
- 1 Tb Organic chia seed
- 1/2 tsp of sun dried sea salt
- 3 inch piece of fresh yellow turmeric root (available at Asian gorcery or here)
- 4 caps of Healthforce Liver Rescue
or 4 caps of Milk thistle extract
- 4 caps of Schizandra extract
- 1 teaspoon each of organic ginger and cinnamon powder
Place herbs and 6 cups of spring water into a pot and simmer gently for 20 minutes. Add tea with all other ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.